Passionate about: coffee, old buildings, higher education, community development, and all things grammar.
Avoids: weak handshakes, slow walkers, the word "utilize," ignorance, and soft pretzels.
Odds & ends:
- I am constantly seeking caffeine nirvana. Although I'm trying to perfect my pourover skills at home, you can find me all over the city trying to find the best cortado.
- My cat, Hazel, is the bee's knees. Check out her Instagram (yes, really.) to understand why I love her.
- No matter how much of my life takes place online, I'll always be an undying advocate of snail mail. Give me your address and I'll drop you a card from one of Chicago's talented local artists.
- I love college basketball something fierce. Growing up in Kansas City, I never wanted to go to college in nearby Lawrence, but the Kansas Jayhawks will always have my heart come basketball season.
- Music is my lifeblood. See what I'm listening to today.
- Two of my greatest passions can be found in cities' past (historic preservation) and in their present and future (urban planning). I'm lucky to live in a city that showcases plenty of both.